Author Topic: Can't seem to find Security Setting for "Add New Product"?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Can't seem to find Security Setting for "Add New Product"?
« on: September 17, 2013, 09:15:47 PM »
As the title suggests, I would like a low level manager to have access to "Add New Product" from the Function Buttons.  Right now mine is too strict and I have it so only I can do that (Admin level).  I however do not want them granted any other access by lowering my Security Level.  Can you tell me what Security Setting exactly I should be looking for and also if changing it will allow them to do anything else, like have access to "Product Control."

Basically (in case you know of a better option) I am looking for a way that my manager can receive an incoming shipment and if a product is new (not in the Product Control Database) she can add it the Product Control fully (ie.: UPC code, description, price, qty, etc.) but not have access to Product Control.  Thanks

**ALSO**

I just realized this is a 2 part question.  Since I have hidden the Menu Bar to hide "Print Receipt", then the only way my manager can check in inventory is through the "Managers Window" and "adjust stock" I believe.  Now I have not given her access to doing this quite yet because although I trust her, I am fine for now doing it myself.  I have some products that are $300 each.  My fear is someone can simply scan a $300 item and remove it from inventory correct? (via Adjust Stock)  Is there a way I can check up on if she ever were to remove something from inventory (theft)?If an item is EVER removed using any option there, is it always saved in the Report Center > Inventory > Shortage (report) for viewing?  Is that where I would check up on any possible theft instances?

Thanks again
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't seem to find Security Setting for "Add New Product"?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »
Try the Find Product window.  Click on the Advanced Find button.  This has a Add new product button.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
Try the Find Product window.  Click on the Advanced Find button.  This has a Add new product button.
But my setting in the "Security Window" is still too high for anyone but myself (admin) to get into the "Add Product" window.  I need to figure out what setting in "Security Settings" needs to be adjusted so I can lower it so a manager can access the "Add Product" window.  Any ideas?  I've skimmed through a few times and it is not jumping out at me.  Thanks.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »
Use the Quick Add button.  It also has a security setting.