Author Topic: how to include credits in day-end reports  (Read 5304 times)

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
how to include credits in day-end reports
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »
I rely on the z-out for my end-of-day reporting, and it works fine most of the time.  But how can I see any credits that have been applied during the day, since they do not show up on the z-out? (We have the z-out set to report "details" and "payment details", but I've never seen any use of credit show up on one.)

I've been relying on the clerks to make a notation on a second receipt that a credit has been applied, but, of course, this is not always done.  And, of course, from a bookkeeper's perspective, can make things a little more challenging than necessary.

Ideally, it seems that credit applied would be right on the z-out.

I can find reports that will give me this information by customer, but I need something I can print out by date for all customers and all transactions on that date. 

I'm guessing that I'm looking right at the answer somewhere, but just can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

(I'm on v14.032 network version)

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to include credits in day-end reports
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 03:03:13 PM »
Credit given will show on the z-out under Returns.
Credit used will show on the z-out under Payments.

You can see also credit info on these reports:
Payments / Payments
Sales / Sales Detail (add payments to the list)
Sales / Returns (for credit give for returns)
Cashier / Detail (credit by cashier)
Cashier / Returns (credit by cashier)
Products / Sold Product Detail (add payments to the list)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:17:08 PM by ronaldrwl »

Offline rjmeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 01:36:22 PM »
Well, I have seen Returns show up on the Z-out, but not credit used. 

I'm looking at the z-out for the most recent date we applied a credit, and it shows: Drawer amounts, Cash, Credit Card, and Recorded Payments in the upper section, none of which include anything with credits.  Then there are Department Subtotals, Category Subtotals, Cashier Subtotals, Payment Detail, Served, and Drawer Open - again, nothing about credits.

Under Payment Details, one of the credit card transactions that shows up is for the net amount after credit for that transaction, but no mention anywhere of the credit itself - at least, none that I notice.

If it would help, I could email you a pdf of both the z-out and the receipt for that transaction.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:19:42 AM »
Yes, send it to support.  I can see what you are talking about.  I want to see the sales receipt with the credit.