Author Topic: Opening Cash Drawer without a Printer?  (Read 5770 times)

Offline JohnBlyth

• View Profile
Opening Cash Drawer without a Printer?
« on: May 22, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »
We don't need any printers on our Yacht Club POS system, so we have a Cashdrawer triggering module on comm1 that works nicely by sending a echo UUUUU >> com1 via a batch file and activated via Setup/Payment Methods.

Is there a way to get this batch file to trigger with the Open Drawer command or F11? I considered adding a string onto the F11 keyboard key with AutoHotkey might work, but I thought I would come to the Guru first as you probably have a neater solution!

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:53:03 AM by JohnBlyth »

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Cash Drawer without a Printer?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 06:11:27 AM »
One option is to use one of the User buttons.  These can be linked to a program or website.  Have the link point to a application that opens the drawer and then quits.  The standard for opening a drawer is the 'bell' character (ASCII 7).  Use the Tools / Arrange Function Buttons to add the User 1 button to the sales screen.  Use the Settings / General to enter the path to the applet.  Also, you can use the Settings / Terminology to change User 1 to Open.  You can find a applet on the internet or make a script to send the ASCII 7 to the com port.

Offline JohnBlyth

• View Profile
Re: Opening Cash Drawer without a Printer?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »
Thank you - that's a PERFECT solution  :D