Author Topic: Payment Methods, Sales Imports  (Read 4695 times)

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Payment Methods, Sales Imports
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »
We have sales on our website as well as in the physical store.  So far, I've run the online credit card transactions manually through EZP, but we're changing over to a payment gateway (mainly for PCI reasons).

However, many of our online customers are also store customers, so I'd still like to enter their online transactions into EZP to maintain all our sales records in one place. 

So far, the one hurdle that has me stumped is how to address the Payment Method for such a transaction.  Is there possibly a Payment Method available - or that could be set up - to signify that payment has been made outside of EZP so I could continue to track such sales there?

Another thought that comes up, though not as important, is whether I might even be able to import a .csv file summarizing a sales transaction from an outside program into EZP.  I see that there's a way of importing and exporting sales info in Sales Control, or is that to import solely from another EZP setup?

Thanks!

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Payment Methods, Sales Imports
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:49:08 AM »
Use the undefined payment method (Undef 18).  You can name it whatever you want.
The sales import/export is only for ezPower transfers.

Offline rjsmeyer

• View Profile
    • Ocean Beaches Glassblowing & Gallery
Re: Payment Methods, Sales Imports
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
That works perfectly - thanks!

I thought that might be the case with sales import.