Author Topic: Complete Inventory  (Read 5873 times)

Offline ccabookstore

• View Profile
Complete Inventory
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to how to run a complete inventory in ezPower.  Ideally, I could run a count, either in the application or putting into a txt or csv file, and then compare current inventory in the system to what I count, and then apply changes.  Otherwise just being able to wipe out inventory and import from a txt or csv file would be fine as I don't have an extremely large amount of inventory.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Inventory
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:43 AM »
Enter the inventory count using the Adjust Stock window and then use the Stock Correction button.

Offline ccabookstore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Would that also zero out anything that is not scanned?

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »
Ronald would know for sure, but unless you are just adjusting your current inventory it wouldn't zero out your current inventory if you do not "scan it."  You would just be adjusting your current levels.

You can reset all qty.'s to zero by going to the Product Control Window, hit Enter to show all items then put a "0" in the top right box for "Change All" then go to "Change" and select "Fill All Listed Qty. With Change All" and it will reset all qty to zero.  Then manually go through your inventory starting from scratch.  Good thing is your item #'s and UPC/barcodes of course won't be affected so you can simply use the Adjust Stock Window to fly right through adding them.

I own a sunglass store with thousands of sunglasses.  What I do is every single day we do a "total count" of just the qty. and compare it to what the computer says.  So for instance I go to Reports and go to "Inventory" > "Stock Status by Supplier" and there it will show me that I am supposed to have 141 Ray Bans, 250 Oakley's, etc.  From there I count how many Ray Bans I have, how many Oakley's I have.  If the number is off then I would have to individually find out where the problem is.  But doing this simple "number count" without paying attention to actual SKU's makes it easy and takes just 10 minutes, plus the employees know we are doing a count every day, hence being a good reason for them not to steal.

Hope any of this helps.  :D
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ccabookstore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »
Courtright, Thank you!  That was very helpful information!