Author Topic: Duplicate Printing  (Read 7388 times)

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
Duplicate Printing
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »
I've been using the network restaurant POS in my restaurant, and I'm still getting duplicate prints of orders in the kitchen whenever I add drinks or anything to an order.  That is, the entire order reprints.  I have the printers set to Print New Items, but it's still reprinting.

I also have drinks showing up on the kitchen monitor even though I haven't checked the box for that in Product Edit options.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Printing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »
Lets go through all the steps.
1 - On all your computers open the Settings / Printer & Equipment Options.  Set the Copies to one for the Register and Kitchen.  And make sure any other printers you are not using the Copies is zero.

2 - Register: Print All Items.  Kitchen: Print New Items.

3 - Product Control window: look at the Printer column.  It should show 1,2 for Kitchen Items.  You can change the whole list of items all at once by using the right mouse button under the Printer column heading.  Or, open a product in the edit window and press the Printer button.

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
I am also using a bar printer, and that prints all items.  I have the printer settings for each item to 1,2,3,9 because of the bar, and because I am using a printer and the kitchen monitor together.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:59:41 AM »
That looks like the problem.  It should be set this way:

Register only:
Printer 1

Register and Kitchen:
Printers 1,2

Register and Bar:
Printers 1,3

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:25:21 AM »
I think that worked, thanks. 

I set it up the other way because I wanted to be able to print food orders at the main dining area as well as at the bar.

I'll have to play with it and see how that works out. 

Offline awbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:15:30 AM »
Maybe I'm making this whole thing more complicated than it needs to be, but I'm still having the same problem.  It's reprinting the tickets in the kitchen whenever I add more drinks to an open order.

My setup has the following stations: CASHIER, MAIN DINING, MAIN BAR, KITCHEN, BANQUET ROOM.  I also have a stand alone printer at another station.

All cash is handled at the cashier station.  The stand alone printer is used to print non-alcoholic drinks at the secondary bar.

My settings are 

CASHIER settings: Print Receipt - Roll Receipt - Print all items - 1 copy.

MAIN DINING: Print Kitchen - Roll List - Print new items - 1 copy; Printer 5 - Roll List - Print new items - 1 copy (this is the stand alone printer that prints non-alcoholic drink orders at a different station).

MAIN BAR: Print bar - Print Receipt - Print all items - 1 copy; Print Kitchen - Roll List - Print new items - 1 copy; Printer 5 - Roll List - Print new items - 1 copy.

KITCHEN: no printer settings.

BANQUET ROOM: not in use yet, but preferably, same settings as main dining.

In product control, food is set to 1, 2, 9 to print receipt at CASHIER, print list in KITCHEN, and show on the monitor in the kitchen.  Alcoholic drinks are set to 1, 3 to print receipt at CASHIER if customer sits at a table, or print receipt at MAIN BAR if customer sits at the bar.  Non-alcoholic drinks are set to 1,5 to print receipt at CASHIER, and to print roll at secondary bar.

The other issue I'm having is that drinks are showing up on the kitchen monitor as well as food, even though drinks are not set to do so.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »
All the stations should have the same printer settings.

Receipt: Roll Receipt, Print All Items, 1
Kitchen: Roll List, Print New Items, 1
Bar: Roll List, Print New items, 1
.... 0 copies

Product printer settings:
Register only: Printer 1
Register and Kitchen: Printers 1,2
Register and Bar: Printers 1,3

Offline artista.del.alma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 07:40:42 AM »
I have a related problem. It looks like my printer settings are set up as recommended. There are three printers enabled with one copy each: Receipt, Kitchen and Bar.
Kitchen and Bar are listed to print only additional items.  All my food items are listed as either Printer 1,2  or  printer  1,3.
My problem arises when I delete an item from the ticket. The void (Correction) ticket prints out three times with about 25 line feeds between each identical correction.
I can't see what might cause this, unless one of my supervisors was changing settings somewhere.  Anybody have any ideas.

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »
Open the Settings / Printer & Equipment.  Check the Copies fields.  They should all say 1 for printers you are using and 0 zero for printers you are not using.