Author Topic: Credit Card Processing  (Read 6000 times)

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
Credit Card Processing
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
We've been using ezPower POS for years and love it. We've had the Credit Card processing enabled all along as well, first with PCCharge, then Mercury following the V13 upgrade. Today an email was sent around advertising ChargeItPro with ezPower. Could someone summarize what Credit Card options are available with ezPower today? My version current has configuration settings for:
  • Merchant Warehouse
  • Mercury
  • CIP - which I'll assume is ChargeItPro

Is ChargeItPro simply another option or is Mercury being phased out?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Card Processing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
As of this time Jan 2013 we are recommending ChargeItPro or Mercury in the USA.  Canada and the UK are comming soon.

Offline SteveH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
One more CC question... Is there a way to set up a payment type for an alternate credit card processor? I'm asking because suppose we had a second processor like "Square" running off a cell phone. If our network went out or we were selling items on the road where an internet connection wasn't available, we could run the charge through the cell phone. I would still like to account for it in ezPower as a special payment type. Suppose I changed an existing payment type such as PayPal (assuming it is unused) to Square. Any payments using Square could be accounted for and would show up in the Daily Reconciliation report, correct?

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:55:05 AM »
Yes.  Just uncheck "Process Credit Cards" in the Payment Methods setup window.  Process your credit cards with a terminal or anything else outside of ezPower.  In ezPower press the Finish button like normal to compleate a sale.  Select the payment method (credit card, visa, debit card...) to record the payment.  ezPower will record that the payment was made.