Author Topic: Could a Manager EVER alter product info without access to inventory levels?  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Just wondering if this is possible and if not something to consider for future versions or updates.  The ability to have your General Manager be able to alter Product info such as Description, price ,etc without access to inventory levels.

It would be great if there was an "Admin Product Control" and a "Manager Product Control".  Manager Product Control would look exactly like the Admin Product Control minus the ability to directly alter inventory levels.  So Managers could change the Category of an item and send it to clearance Category for instance, or adjust prices for price increases from manufacturers and so on.  Have the ability to make changes so the owner doesn't but also not have access to change the inventory levels on a whim with no record.  Just a thought.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com

Offline ronaldrwl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anything can be done.  It would be nice if all the businesses could decide on which features are the best :)  I know some would not want their managers changing prices and discounts.

Offline Courtright

• View Profile
    • Sunglass Shack
Very true, I can definitely see where they would not want Managers to have the ability to change prices.  Now that I think about it I probably wouldn't either.  What I have realized is with your V14 ability (@$19.99/yr) to make changes from home and update the database from home then the stress of doing all this myself while running the store now isn't as bad.
Sunglass Shack
Virginia Beach, VA | Norfolk, VA
www.GlassesInTheMail.com